As with any event of this nature it always requires a few selfless people who are willing to help do some behind the scenes stuff prio to the event! &, of course, there are the many, many people who put aside all/ or part of event day to make it all come together! So….. if you have a partner/ friend/ older kid that’s gonna be there & wants to help, ..or you have a bit of time to help in the days before or straight after the event….. or you end up being on the injured list but would still like to be involved in some way I’d love to hear from you! I’ve compiled a list below (that’s not exhaustive) of things we’ll require some help with either shortly before or on the day of the event.
If you think you might be able to help out with any of these jobs please get in touch.
Thanks! Stu C J
This Year Mid Winter Marathon Marvels Required for:
BEFORE THE EVENT:
- Pre measuring/ marking out KM markers for the course (probably being done Queen’s Birthday weekend?
- Putting out advance notice of the event signs along the cycle trail (possibly QB weekend)
- Helping to deliver gear to people manning drink stations & also down to the Honest Lawyer (weekend of June 14th/15th)
- Set up of the finish area at the Honest Lawyer & some course set up (Fri 22nd June)
- Taking registrations the day before event (Sat 23rd June) at the Shoe Clinic (9-4p.m.) I will roster people in for hour long (or more) blocks
- 2 small crews of people to set up the course. Meet up at the Honest lawyer . Approx 6 people seems to work best! (Saturday June 23rd 9-12 approx)
- Helping to put out drink stations (if necessary) & get set up Early Morning of event day (from about 4 a.m.)
- Taking registrations from early on the morning of the event (from 7 a.m.)
- Doing runner check in & head count before wave starts (could be a runner/walker in event)
- Tail end Charlie (to follow behind the last competitor so we know when the course is clear (usually done on a bike, can be on foot though, would be a slow pace!)
- Timekeeper/s, helping at event finish
- Helpers around for the day (i.e. ferrying stuff to Rabbit Is. as needed, administering first aid to finishers if needed?), any help at any time really between 7 a.m. & 3 p.m.
- Helpers to make sure all the gear has been collected in & signs taken down etc. 3 or 4 people with own transport (1-4 ish)
- Helpers at the prize giving to put out spot prizes, call out winners, hand over prizes etc. 2 or 3 people (3-4.30 ish)
- Drink stations to man (could do solo?). depending on where? Need own transport. Could deliver stuff to you beforehand so you can set up yourself (particularly Rabbit Is crew)
- Rabbit Island crew (including a timekeeper with timing clock [provided]). Need 3 or 4 people! Approx 9.30- 1 p.m
- Drink station Honest Lawyer (8.15 ish & 9.15 ish only, better suits spectator)
- Drink Stn Fittal St, RMD (6 person relay changeover point) approx 8.45- 3 p.m.
- Drink station Lower Queen St nr Speedway (6 person relay changeover point) approx 9.30- 2 p.m.
- Drink station Redwood Rd (Rabbit Is road bridge) approx 9.45- 1.pm
Thanks! Please flick me through an email if you might be able to help. email@example.com
Cheers Stu C.